“Moon and flame dance in glassy tomb,
The mirror’s eye in candle gloom,
Shadows stir and seek release,
Gain ghostly entrance to the room.”
Have you ever experienced the feeling that someone is close to you in your room at night. Or perhaps a freezing sensation that you are not alone occupying the room. However, it should be remembered that natural distortions and the brain’s phenomenal ability to create meaningful shapes and faces out of random patterns is a possibility. But despite this, 90 percent of fear and haunted feelings are due to the mirrors. Therefore, these cases may possibly rule out natural causes. Added to this, other forms of paranormal manifestations developed in addition to that connected with the mirror involved.
The story of Hitler’s—destruction for the sake of destruction—and the inappropriateness of Nazis occupying Paris—the Beast in the city of Beauty, as it were—that when evil confronts us in any form, it is not enough to flee it or to pretend that it is happening to somebody else. But though evil must be opposed, when it is fought with evil’s ways it must ultimately altered and strangle the enemy.
The dangers of mirrors having negative, supernatural qualities, Portals to other dimensions and with this comes the added risk of meeting the unknown. Here are some of the things said about mirrors:
- Mirrors have the ability to suck out souls therefore they must be removed from a room where an ill person lies as they are more vulnerable at this time.
- People were warned never to look into a mirror at night or by candle light. If you did so you would be certain to see ghosts, demons and portents of death – even your own!
- When a person died in a room the mirrors had to be covered or turned to face the wall. Failure to do so would result in the deceased person’s soul being lost – or they may even turn into a vampire.
- Even while asleep, it was thought best to cover your mirror as you could be vulnerable to attack from negative spirits or demons during the dark hours. Also, never place your bed in a place where it is reflected in a mirror.
- In order to prevent mirrors being used as a portal by supernatural entities, the mirror should be frequently moved to different areas of the room. Mirrors with a solid backing placed in the same position for a long period of time, are more likely to become spiritual portals.
There are hundreds of documented cases of haunted mirrors and they tend to have similar characteristics. People have reported paranormal experiences when:
News of paranormal activity after using mirrors for divination /scrying. Usually no protection was used by the participants and it is thought that they may have created a portal. It is suggested that when carrying out any kind of spiritual work with mirrors to use a cleansing and protective ritual. If you are doing spiritual work that doesn’t involve a mirror or other scrying device, then these should either be covered or put away in a safe place.
It has also been reported that the use of an Ouija board can also create portals. Mirrors nearby are often claimed to be the origin or opening of the portal after an Ouija board session.
Often people have reported having experiences with haunted mirrors in hotels, friends/relatives home, visiting a place as a tourist etc. These areas usually, but not always, have a reputation for being haunted.
The phenomena experienced by people are diverse. In most cases, but not all, the energy seems to be negative rather than benign. Paranormal activity includes:
Shadow People – People describe not only shadow people standing near to mirrors, but also within the mirror and entering or leaving them. Quite a few cases also reported other phenomena at the same time such as – cold spots, voices, noises and orbs. Odors – ranging from pleasant to vile have also been described. The shadows can take various shapes – tall, small, very thin, very fat, distorted, human, and animal.
Shadow Mists – The mists are not only seen entering and leaving mirrors but at times seem to form into more recognizable shapes, evolving into dense, dark clouds or masses that move around the room as well as within mirrors. The feelings reported by the witnesses are usually of a negative nature. Anger, hostility and evil are some of the feelings experienced.
In addition, other phenomena happening at the same time – cold spots, lights/orbs, glow eyes, growls/voices/other noises and poltergeist activity.
Faces – this is probably by far the most frequent manifestation reported by people in association with haunted mirrors. The faces are, most of the time, human – and sometimes known to the witnesses. But there are a number of accounts where people have reported other entities/demonic faces appearing.
what exactly is a portal?
Spirit portals are not a new concept. They are claimed to be the entrance and exit points for spiritual energy and other dimensions. It has been claimed that portals have been captured on film, usually photographs. They generally appear as a whirl-wind or elongated, swirling shape. Below are some of the characteristics of a portal:
- A portal is thought to be a hole, rip, opening, window in the energy fields that surround the spiritual/dimensions. Energy beings such as spirits can slip through these openings into the physical plane.
- Negative spirits frequently come through portals. This is believed to happen because the astral layer closest to the physical plane is full of lower astral beings and energy.
- Most portals are believed to be a two way pathway for both entering and leaving the physical level.
- Very high levels of paranormal activity are claimed to be found near portals.
- Many believe that portals are found all over the world and there may even be certain hot spots.
- Many believe that not only spiritual beings can use portals, but also beings/aliens from other dimensions.
- It is thought that there are special, but very rare, portals that are completely positive. No lower astrals or dimensional beings can enter these unless they are spiritually advanced.
- Some psychics and those who are developing their spirituality, claim that not only can they sense portals, but they can also close and open them up.
- It is thought by many that portals and vortices are the same thing. However many psychics and investigators believe they are different. That a vortex is simply a pure band of energy, neither negative nor positive and is not a doorway. It can however, be used for meditation and other spiritual work.
- Not all psychics and paranormal investigators believe that portals exist.
- Apart from mirrors, portals are thought to exist in areas of entry/exit within the physical realm. Places such as doorways, windows and even cupboards/wardrobes are thought to have contained portals.